1-2 Celery Stalks
1/2 teaspoon Iodized Sea Salt
1 clove Garlic
140g Gala Apple
1 can Garbanzo Beans
2 Tablespoon Tahini
- Drain and rinse your can of Garbanzo Beans (often called Chickpeas) and toss into a large bowl
- Mash the Garbanzo Beans with a fork, potato masher, or your hands (my favorite method!). I like to leave some good chunks in here, but mash until you get a consistency you like.
- Chop your celery and apple into small chunks and add to your bowl.
- Mince and add your clove of garlic. I will often substitute a rough equivalent to one clove of garlic with garlic powder.
- Halve and squeeze the juice of an entire lemon over your mixture.
- Spoon 2 Tablespoons of Tahini into your bowl.
- Add a small amount of water and mix all of your ingredients together.
- Season with 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt, and add black pepper to taste.
- Serve by itself, topped on toast, or wrapped in a tortilla or Romaine Lettuce leaf.
Tips and Considerations
Any sweet apple will work with this recipe. I often substitute the Gala apple with a Honeycrisp or Fuji.
Cucumbers and radishes are amazing in this dish as well!